Encourage your child to sit properly at the piano.
- They should sit on the front half of the bench.
- The knees should be just under the keyboard.
- Feet should be flat on the floor or on a stool if legs aren't long enough.
- Arms should be parallel to the floor. If not raise the bench using pillows or books.
- Back should be flat not arched in - will get back aches if arched.
- Shoulders and arms should be relaxed.
- Wrists should be straight across not humped or sagging.
- Hands should be naturally curved so they can play on finger tips (which means finger nails need to be short.)