Thursday, February 26, 2009

Piano Par-Tea

Our first piano par-tea was fun! We had Cream soda, punch made with sparkling water, cherries, and lemon juice. It was pretty good especially when the glasses were dipped in lemon juice and colored sugar.The cake was fun to make. I used two 1-1/2 quart bowls and 2 cake mixes. The lid is cut from one of the cakes. The spout and handle are mazipan. We decided marzipan taste a little like candy corn. I broke the handle as I was putting it on so I "glued" it back with frosting.
We playedpieces for each other in our hat as any proper young lady would do.
We made shrink art teapots and one young lady made the "lizard".


After playing the piano and creating art, we were ready for some snacks.
We enjoyed cake and punch and more

conversation. The decorations around the teapot in this picture are little muffins that turned out too hard; so I added tealights and flowers on top of the frosting and threw them away after the party!

No comments: