Monday, November 9, 2015

Emma's First End-of-Book Recital

Congratulations, Emma! You've finished your first End-of-Book recital! Emma played ten pieces from Hal Leonard's Piano Method Book One this past weekend.  Here is her program:

Skateboard Doodle (from memory)
My Best Friend (from memory)
Nobody Know the Trouble I'm In
Let Me Fly!
Pirates of the Sea
Trumpet Man (from memory)
Star Quest
Go for the Gold
Long, Long Ago (from memory)
Scottish Air (from memory)

We arranged her keyboard in her living room so it was just right. Mom had little lights decorating the piano and snacks for afterwards.  Emma's sister, Ida, her mom and dad, joined me in the living room as I introduced Emma.  She played her ten pieces and then I gave her her certificate of accomplishment and her new books.

It was an exciting evening for Emma and I!

No comments: