Sunday, March 20, 2016

APT Duet Recital - My Duet With Kerry

March 5, 2016 was the first APT (Association of Piano Teachers) duet recital.  Kerry and I started the program with Clementi's Sonata IV allegro.  It was fast and fun.  Of course, someone got too close to the outside door which made the alarm go off just as we started playing.  It eventually stopped so we could hear an elderly woman tapping her finger nails on her tray top.  It would have been alright if she was in the same tempo as we were!  They eventually found a towel for her to tap on so it wasn't so loud.  Even with all the distractions, we played well for our first time together.

I'm so thankful for a great teacher who encourages me to keep learning more about making music at the piano so I can pass it on to my students.

No comments: